Website Taranaki District Health Board
Permanent Position – Full time 1.0 FTE
- Are you seeking a senior nursing leadership role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Then take this key nursing leadership opportunity.
- Great opportunity where transforming and innovating is the norm.
Taranaki District Health Board is the leading provider of health care to over 110,000 people. We are proud to be located in the world’s second top region to visit with amazing mountain, rivers, lakes and an enviable lifestyle to match.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with a strong nursing and quality background to help translate the strategic plan into practice, transforming and further modernising the way in which our nursing services work. You will be a strong, credible leader with evidence of knowledge of national and local issues with a determination to pursue excellence in nursing care delivery and nursing practice standards.
You will work as part of the senior nursing team providing leadership to our 700 nurses, working closely with the Director of Nursing, Service Directors, Service Managers and allied leads. You will drive the nursing quality agenda to improve the patient experience and care outcomes for the public of Taranaki.
Applicants must have the following:
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate.
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification, Masters desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate nursing experience and an up to date Nursing portfolio at level 4 or management level.
- Advanced nursing leadership experience.
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
- Change Management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Quality Improvement knowledge.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
To view the position description click here.
To make an application please click on “Apply Online” from within this advertisement.
For further information, please contact Cath Byrne (Director of Nursing) on 06 753 6139 or via email; Catherine.Byrne@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2018.
To apply for this job please visit tas-adhbrac.taleo.net.