Auckland District Health Board
Co-ordinate your own nursing career and take on this exciting senior nursing role!
Our Paediatric Operating Theatres at Starship Children’s Health cover acute and elective procedures in the paediatric specialties of General, Urology, Endoscopy, Oncology, ORL, Dental, Minor Neuro, Orthopaedics, Plastics and Cardiac. We look after babies and children up to 15 years of age from the greater Auckland region and the South Pacific.
We have a full time position available for a charge Nurse to lead the management of clinical activities for the orthopaedic and plastic specialties. As the Charge Nurse you will be responsible for:
- providing clinical support, expertise, knowledge and leadership to your team to ensure quality patient care
- managing day-to-day operations of Operating Theatres in collaboration with the various stakeholders
- managing resources for ensuring safe, effective and efficient operations
As the ideal person for this role, you will:
- be a theatre nurse with 5 years plus of operating room experience with an extensive broad range of operating theatre skills and an in depth knowledge of orthopaedics. Experience in complex spinal surgery would be an advantage.
- have great communication skills with the ability to lead and influence from the front
- have some experience in a leadership role
- have a flair for organising people and resources and achieving service focused goals
- be skilled in relationship building and liaising within a multidisciplinary team
We offer a supportive environment and your professional development is important to us. This is your opportunity to enhance your nursing career and step into a new challenge.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage quality applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work” at Auckland DHB
To apply, click here or visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # CEN05047 and make an online application attaching your latest CV and cover letter. For help with your online application, contact Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref # CEN05047
Closing date is 17 December 2017. Interviews will be schedule for second half of January 2018
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com