Website Taranaki District health Board
1.0FTE (80 Hours per Fortnight)
- Are you looking to develop your Clinical Leadership and Operational Management Skills?
- Do you have a passion for Paediatric nursing and want a role to support change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Manager for our Acute Paediatric ward at Taranaki District Health Board (TDHB).
This is a great opportunity for nurses already working at the top of their scope. The successful candidate will be well supported with a comprehensive orientation and induction programme.
This position has strong working relationships with the Senior Nursing team, Medical staff, Service and Operational Managers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of high quality care.
The successful will be someone with:
- excellent problem solving and communication skills
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary team and be able to navigate challenging situations.
- advanced experience in Paediatric nursing with proven leadership experience and ability
- experience in change and financial management is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of quality improvement.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
- A relevant post graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate nursing experience in Paediatrics and an up to date Expert Nursing portfolio.
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
- Quality Improvement knowledge and the ability to lead quality projects.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
Please click here for the position description.
Please apply online from this page.
Applications close on 20 January 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.tdhb.org.nz.