Website Taranaki District Health Board
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Variable FTE Available
Vacancy number: TAR01349
Would you like to work in a senior nursing role while still working clinically and building on your assessment and communication skills?
Taranaki District Health Board is establishing the Patient at Risk Nurse Service, and we are seeking Senior Registered Nurses with a strong focus on patient assessment, and communication in recognising and responding to the deteriorating.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in establishing a new patient focused service for Taranaki hospital’s most vulnerable patients and to provide support to colleagues in the wider DHB team.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, problem solving and assessment skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ acute clinical experience in a NZ hospital setting
- Able to work in a MDT and navigate challenging situations
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and be able to manage multiple completing priorities
- Motivation and self direction
- Evidence of on-going professional development including Postgraduate qualifications
- Current PDRP portfolio
- Current NZ Annual Practising Certificate
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Please click here to view full job description.
If you are interested in this position please “apply online” from this page.
If you would like further information about this position we would encourage you to contact Briget McDonald on 06 753 6139 ext 7434 or via email Briget.McDonald@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close 18 March 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.tdhb.org.nz.