Website West Coast District Health Board
- Full-time permanent Duty Nurse Manager based at Grey Base Hospital
- Senior Registered Nurse with a current NZ Annual Practicing Cert
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, staff management experience and commitment to our vision
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Efficient allocation of resources for our nursing teams
- Coordination of transfers between the WCDHB and the CDHB
- Supporting Nurse Managers with rostering and effective staffing
- Point of contact for Nursing staff in acute situations
This role will be working alongside our clinical staff across Nursing, Allied and Medical to provide guidance and expertise when needed. You will also be called upon for advice from our rural health team in critical situations. This is an excellent role for a senior nurse looking for a step up to develop their skills or to continue to grow their scope in acute settings
This role will be working across a rotating roster but you may be required to work day, afternoon and evening shifts as we move towards a new model of delivery.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Excellent under pressure and in time critical circumstances
- Ability to lead and guide staff through acute situations
- Outstanding acute assessment skills
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Phone: 03 37 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
To apply for this job please visit westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz.