Website Taranaki District Health Board
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Temporary for Two years, 0.9.FTE
Ends 30 June 2020
- Are you seeking a senior nursing education role supporting practice change in the healthcare environment?
- Then take this key nursing leadership opportunity.
- Great opportunity where transforming and innovating is the norm.
Come and live in the region that has just been named the world’s second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
We are looking for an inspirational Nurse Educator with a strong nursing clinical background to lead our Tissue Viability and Pressure Injury Prevention work. You will promote, facilitate and provide education to nursing teams. You will be accountable for ensuring safe nursing care practice standards and the best nursing care outcomes. You will be a strong, credible clinical leader with excellent nursing specialty knowledge and impeccable practice standards.
You will work as part of the TDHB senior nursing team as well as the ward leadership teams. You will work closely with other Nurse Educators to deliver the education strategy agenda for the specialty of Tissue Viability. You will also work with practice partners in Aged Residential Care.
Applicants must have the following:
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate nursing experience in an acute care setting (preferably ICU) and an up to date Nursing portfolio at expert level
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
- Quality Improvement knowledge.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
To view the position description click here.
To make an application please apply from within this advertisement.
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.tdhb.org.nz/careers/careers.shtml →