Taranaki District Health Board
0.8 FTE (64 Hours per Fortnight)
- Are you seeking a senior nursing education role focusing on supporting practice change in the healthcare environment?
- Take this key nursing leadership opportunity.
- Great opportunity where transforming and innovating is the norm.
We are looking for an inspirational nurse educator with a strong nursing clinical background to promote, facilitate and provide education to nursing teams. You will be accountable for the CCDM/Trendcare portfolio, ensuring safe nursing care practice standards and the best nursing care outcomes. You will be a strong, credible clinical leader with excellent nursing specialty knowledge and impeccable practice standards.
You will work as part of the TDHB senior nursing leadership team. You will work closely with other Nurse Educators to deliver the education strategy agenda for nursing. Applicants must have the following:
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification, Post Graduate Diploma desired.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate nursing experience in an acute care setting (preferably medical and surgical) and an up to date Nursing portfolio at expert level
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
- Quality Improvement knowledge.
- Knowledge of the implications of Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to bi-culturalism.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
Come and live in the region that has just been named the world’s second top region to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet!
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff, $325m cost-centre) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
To view the position description click here.
Closing date for applications: 27th October 2017
If you are interested in this position, please “apply online” from our website
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.tdhb.org.nz/careers/careers.shtml →